Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mumma, Mumma, Mumma!

A head’s up to all my faithful blog readers, which had better include my children; Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 9. I want three things this year: an outdoor lounge chair, Bailey’s Irish Cream Truffles from Van Otis Chocolates, and an uninterrupted hour to enjoy hereto mentioned chair and truffles.


The last wish will likely go unnoticed. There are just too many stories that my 12-year-old son and 10-year-old daughter need to share. Thankfully, many of them feed my needy sense of humor. In the spirit of story telling and laughter, here are some of my many memorable mommy moments.

My five-year-old daughter and I planted cherry tomato plants that had sprouted but weren’t turning red. I moved the pots and explained that I thought they needed more sunlight. She asked, “Can we eat them once they get sunburned?”

At age 7, my son was showering and exclaimed, “I’m getting hair, Mumma.” I slowly and hesitantly opened the shower curtain to find my son pulling on his arm hair.

Happy Mother’s Day to all moms; may your day include a treat from Van Otis and a smile.

Teacup & Saucer with Chocolate PansiesChocolate High Heel Shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment