Monday, February 13, 2012

Less Than Three


I’ve embraced texting as a mode of communication. I appreciate that it’s a really quick way to convey information without a lengthy conversation. But what I struggle with is text language – abbreviations, codes, and total disregard for grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. I’m a product of my English teachers. I fear the red pen.

Maybe I’d be more apt to embrace text abbreviations if I’d learn them. I’m certainly capable of learning. After all, I used to communicate across the classroom with my calculator turned upside down and a friendly 07734.

I do understand when I’ve made people laugh out loud or when their butts fell off while they were laughing. But for the longest time, I was concerned with all the people who thought they were less than three. I mean, I’m no ten, but I have enough self-confidence to put myself at a six on a good day.

Once I became aware that <3 is actually a disconnected heart turned sideways – of course it is - I was able to appreciate the love from these former low self-esteemed folk.

The month of February is a great time to less than three those you love with specialty items from Van Otis Chocolates. Chocolate-covered strawberries, heart-shaped boxes full of assorted chocolates, and heart truffle boxes are the perfect expression of love. Post-holiday sales offer an extended opportunity to make up for stinky carnations and cards written by someone else that didn’t truly reflect what’s in your <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment