Thursday, March 22, 2012

Party in a Bag


Easter always helps me turn the corner from winter to spring. I’m willing to exchange snowflake for springtime decorations, including my retired Van Otis candy molds. Some people have connections to get courtside seats; I have connections to get old pieces of metal shaped like bunnies and chicks. I win.

Every Easter, I try to outdo myself with new basket displays and unique content. After recently seeing a Van Otis Facebook post, I knew I had found this year’s “unique”.
Jelly Bean Bark is bite-sized chocolate pieces embedded with brightly colored jelly beans.

The bark comes in Van Otis’ exceptionally creamy white and milk chocolate.
I was surprised to discover that of the two options, Van Otis’ white chocolate Jelly Bean Bark is my favorite. (Remember, I’m a dark chocolate fan.) There’s saltiness to the white chocolate that pairs well with the super sweet jelly beans.

Another reason I’m drawn to the white chocolate bark is the overall appearance. Each half-pound bag of bark comes in a clear package, tied with a pastel-colored ribbon. The white chocolate bark looks like squares of confetti cake.

Get your own party in a bag at Van Otis’ retail shop in Manchester, New Hampshire or at www.vanotis.com. Also make sure to “like” Van Otis’ Facebook page for updated product and event information.

No comments:

Post a Comment