Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolve


My 2011 New Year’s resolution is to eat more of Van Otis’s milk or dark chocolate coconut, espresso, maple walnut, and raspberry creams, milk chocolate peanut butter truffles, Swiss fudge, hard candies, and gummie bears. I know you’ve come to expect witty humor at the beginning of my blogs, but this is no joke.

My 13-year old and I were discussing New Year’s resolutions. He asked why people make commitments only once a year and then fail at fulfilling them.

“A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer.” - Author Unknown

After gaining some time to ponder this by saying, “Go ask your father,” I realized that we tend to chose resolutions of abstinence. I will go without, I will have less, I will no longer.

In an effort to improve my health in 2011 and make it an attainable goal, I’ve decided to refocus on what I can and will eat, rather than on what I’ll do without.

Van Otis offers numerous products that are sugar-free, including the list above. Their sugar-free treats are all the things you’d expect from a creamy, crunchy, sweet, tasty confection, and they’re a perfect “can have” for any reduced-calorie plan.

5 comments:

  1. That is so very true and I will aim to add that to my new February resolution along with giving others small moments of happiness. I am thinking that Van Otis chocolates might just help with that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! And I agree that depravation is a terrible goal to set when there is so much chocolate and so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very true, why DO we make resolutions that we KNOW we can't keep? I like the idea of "improving". Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never met a chocolate I didn't like, but this blog makes me certain that Van Otis are the best! If I volunteer to be a taste tester, do I get to suggest more names for them?? Oh, this isn't an x rated site, is it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! I'd much rather take the positive approach that I CAN have something versus I CAN'T. The sugar free option also fits into my "low carb" food choices.

    ReplyDelete