Friday, September 10, 2010

Cheek Pinchers














The role of grandparent is coveted by most people I know who carry the title. I’ve come to the realization that the joy lies in being able to dote and not worry about long-term consequences. For example, I’ve heard my own mother say things like, “Oh, chocolate ice cream at midnight won’t hurt them this one time.” I can attest that this was never a statement I heard as a child in her household. But in her role of Mimi, she knows it’s no longer her primary duty to build foundations, good habits, and routines; those responsibilities fall on me and my husband. How liberating!

The other great thing about being a grandparent is the opportunity to take full credit for the grandkids’ successes and none for their failures. I’m actually suspicious that grandparents’ eyes may not even see failures, although I’ve never seen a pamphlet on this at my optometrist’s office.

Van Otis will be celebrating Grandparents Day on September 13th and encourages you to treat them with their favorite Van Otis, handmade confection. Van Otis is also providing a forum for grandparents to spoil and brag by sharing a photo of themselves and their grandchildren on Van Otis’s
Facebook page and in their Elm Street, Manchester retail store. Spoilers and braggers will be eligible for Van Otis deals. For more information, visit www.vanotis.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment